Mama Diaries

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Creating a New Life Form

My eight-year-old son came home from school today, all excited.  "Mama!  We're doing science in school!"

"Cool," I said.  "Science is fun!"

"Guess what?"  he continued.  "I'm going to do a science experiment."

"Oh yeah?  What kind?" I asked.

He thought about that.  "I'm going to create a new life form!"

"Well, that sounds like a pretty good trick," I said.  "Exactly how are you going to do that?"

He was quiet for a second.  "I'll have to do some research, but I think I'm going to make a Bowser."

(Bowser, in case you don't know, is a character from the Mario video games.)

My daughter, who had been listening to this conversation put her two cents in.  "I know how you can make a Bowser."

"How?" I asked.

"Find the world's largest turtle and cross it with the world's largest chicken."

"Brilliant!"  I said.

So now we're on the lookout for the world's largest turtle and chicken.  If you happen to find them, please let us know!

19 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I love the imaginations of children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my kids got an extra dosage of imagination when they got baked in the oven. The things they come up with amaze me!

      Delete
  2. Hilarious, they're so creative.. Now I have the Mario Bros tunnel tune in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry. My kid makes me play Mario tunes on the piano. I've got Mario tunes in my head all day!

      Delete
  3. I have the chicken! I'd be glad to share with you, but you have to find the turtle somewhere.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be right over to get that chicken. I'm sure my boy will be able to find the turtle. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Sounds interesting. I hope you will keep us updated on how the experiment turns out. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If it's successful, you might even hear about it on the news!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with that, but Bowser might burn your house down haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. That could be a problem. I'll have to tweak the genetics to make sure he's not overly violent. LOL!

      Delete
  6. So cute! I love kids imagination. I need more of that in my writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do kids come up with these things?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol
    anything is possible hope he finds biggest one

    ReplyDelete