Mama Diaries

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bubba's Tree House

Today I took my kids to Lowes to get some building supplies.  They've suddenly expressed an interest in wood working.  Even my daughter told me that she wants to be a carpenter.  I don't know what brought that on, but I'm going with the flow.

We walked up and down through the lumber section.

"Mama, I need this," my son said pulling out a large plywood board.

"Dude, there's no way I'm fitting that into my car.  Pick something smaller."

He frowned and picked something else.

To make a long story short, we left Lowes with a toolbox, a tool set, nails, and some wood boards.  I couldn't wait to see what kind of concoction they were going to come up with.

When we got home, my kids went to work.  A short while later, my son called me over to inspect his creation.  "Mama, look at my tree house."

The boy had balanced a plywood board over a tree branch in such a way that it was sturdy enough to sit on.  He arranged another one so that it looked like a roof.

"How do you like it?' he asked. 

"Pretty impressive.  You have a future as an architect."

13 comments:

  1. hahaha who needs walls, they just block out the sun shine anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wall-less structure? That's great architectural innovation... and it makes creative sense since their little minds know no boundaries! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, I guess he wants to enjoy as much of the outdoor scene as he can.

      Delete
  3. What a great sitting place. Your son did good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did real good. In fact the storm that blew through failed to dislodge it.

      Delete
  4. i love kid's imaginations--and your kids have plenty of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, he is an inventor! My kids went through a woodworking phase, of course, Hubby and I are not carpentry-inclined so we do those little sets that Lowe's has. But it is so nice to build their creativity and let them build whatever is in those amazing brains they have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to let them use their creativity. It's too bad the supplies get so expensive, though. It's kind of limiting.

      Delete
  6. I always wanted a treehouse!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have my boy come by and make you one. LOL!

      Delete