Mama Diaries

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bubbles

"Mama," my seven-year-old son said. "Can  I have a bubble bath?"

"Sure," I said.  I didn't see any harm in that.

A little while later my son came out of the bathroom with a big grin on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Oh nothing," he said.  "I just had a nice bubble bath."

Hmmm.

My daughter went into the bathroom immediately after my son.  Two seconds later:  "Mom!!!"

Uh oh.

"There are bubbles all over the place in here, and there are no more bubbles in the bottle!"

"Bubba," I said.  "Did you dump the entire bottle into the bath water?"

He grinned sheepishly.  "Yeah."

All I could do is shake my head at that one.  I bet it was quite a bubble bath!

20 comments:

  1. Luckily my kids hated bubbles until just recently. Now my little one likes to get in my jacuzzi tub and turn on the jets and let the bubbles fill up over his head. It takes until morning for the bubbles to go away, but I figure he's getting doubly clean with all that soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the jacuzzi makes lots of bubbles! At least it's better than dirt.

      Delete
  2. Oh man...I remember this with my son! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's one of those fun childhood memories!

      Delete
  3. Haha bubbles can be fun. The cat even likes to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My cat could care less about bubbles. But Schultz loves them!

      Delete
  4. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I'm sure the time is coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember dumping in a whole bottle as a kid. I adored bubbles. I wonder if I have any bubble bath liquid on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your son had fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm imagining the entire bathroom flooded with bubbles and pouring out the door...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! No, it wasn't quite that bad. Maybe two bottles would've done that!

      Delete
  8. why use a cap full when you can use the whole bottle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That actually sounds like a lot of fun, unless you are the one who has to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And I'm always the one who cleans it up. LOL!

      Delete
  10. I swear unattended for a minute and trouble!

    ReplyDelete