Mama Diaries

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tagged!

Apparently there's a little game of tag going on in the blogosphere. I'm it. Thanks, Larissa T, from Papa is a Preacher for tagging me! Now, there are some rules to this game, but since I'm the Mama, I'm going to change them. Ha! The real rules are that I'm supposed to tell you 11 things about myself. Then I'm supposed to answer 11 questions I was asked. And then I'm supposed to make up 11 more questions and tag 11 bloggers to answer them. That sounds like way too much work, especially since I'm preparing for that surprise party which may happen at any moment. So, I'm just going to answer the questions I was asked, and then I'll tag however many bloggers I feel like tagging. Here goes: 1. Favorite Book? Tuesdays with Morray by Mitch Album. I haven't read it in a long time, but I remember thinking it was such a poignant story with a great message about what's really important in life. 2. Favorite color? Red. 3. Sweet/salty food? Sweet. Truthfully, though I prefer a combination. Chocolate covered pretzels are awesome. Which reminds me, I have to get that chocolate fountain out for the party. 4. Gift someone gave me that I'll always remember? My dad gave me an old antique doll for my fortieth birthday. It was just so sweet to think that I'm still daddy's little girl. 5. What is my favorite blog post? The one where my big old German Shepherd jumped into the bathtub with my unsuspecting son. (I tried to find the link, but didn't have luck. It's probably in an early 2011 archive or late 2010 archive. I just don't have time to look anymore.) 6. What annoys me? Slow drivers in the fast lane. And let me tell you, we have a lot of them in Cincinnati! (These run-on paragraphs from Blogger annoy me, too. Sorry if they're annoying you!) 7. Truth or dare (depends is not an option)? Hmmm. I'll go with truth, because my mom always taught me that I should be honest. 8. Did I collect anything as a kid? Yes. My parents introduced me to stamp collecting, but I'd have to say my real interest was in collecting rocks and seashells. I lived in Florida at the time, so I had quite a collection! 9. Bath or shower? Shower. I really don't like sitting in dirty water. 10. Would you ever use gel pens? Sparkly ones? Heck yeah! They make writing fun! 11. What makes you happy? Flowers, beautiful sunsets, quiet woods, babbling brooks - anything beautiful in nature...and meeting my writing deadlines! Now for the tagged bloggers. (If you get tagged, you can follow the real rules and use the same questions I answered, or do your own thing. I won't ground you if you decide to do that latter.) 1. Jabblog 2. Visions of Other Worlds 3. L. G. Smith 4. Brenda McKenna 5. Simon Willis 6. Tamara Narayan 7. Annmarie Pipa Be sure to stop by and visit these bloggers.

21 comments:

  1. Fun! We share the same favorite color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I thought you might be a "red" type person.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I love chocolate covered pretzels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow driver annoy me no matter where they are haha, that tag thing has been going on a while too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better stay away from my town, then. Those slow pokes are everywhere!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, red is my favorite color too. Means we've got a passion for life. :P

    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sherry! I like your rules so much better!

    Slow drivers...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. I kind of thought my rules would be appreciated by exceedingly busy people.

      Delete
  6. Slow drivers are A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G.
    I say ~ know where you're off to, drive with a purpose and wherever possible, plot your route in advance. Makes life easier for all motorists... ah well, that's just my take on things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your take on things. Maybe you should come teach driving ed to these people down here.

      Delete
  7. that is so cool that your dad gave you the antique doll--and i just discovered a couple of years ago that chocolate pretzels are good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed out on chocolate covered pretzels for that long? Oh, you poor thing!

      Delete
  8. Are you saying that you don't have the capabilities to keep from composing run on paragraphs in Blogger? Maybe one of your settings is not correct. I've never heard of this problem.

    Chocolate covered pretzels are pretty awesome.


    Lee
    We need your feedback!
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm saying. I'll recheck my settings. I have had so many problems with Blogger, it's ridiculous!

      Delete
  9. I would double check your settings, too. Or, if you are copying and pasting from a writing document (Pages, Word), it sometimes messes up the formatting when you copy it onto Blogger.

    I also loved that Tuesdays book. I can't remember everything in it, but do remember it being so touching and reading it twice in a couple weeks because I liked it so much. I never saw the movie, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked my settings, and couldn't find anything that might be causing this. I'm baffled.

      Delete
  10. I like your rules! I will use yours. Thanks (belatedly!) for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing along Sherry! (: Your answers were super fun! I too love chocolate covered pretzels .. great. .now I have a new craving. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for thinking of me to tag! Sorry for not responding sooner; I was out of town on vacation. I will save this challenge for a week when I can't come up with a topic.

    ReplyDelete