Mama Diaries

Friday, May 4, 2012

Mud Man

My son came into the house while I was teaching violin lessons, completely covered from head to toe in mud. I could barely even see his face. "Buddy," I said. "You seriously need to go take a bath!" He grinned and made his way to the bathtub. A little while later he came back down. "Are you clean?" I asked. "Yep," he said. "Let me look at you," I said. I had a feeling that I'd find some mud still caked on. Sure enough, I was right. There was some plastered on the side of his head. "Back to the bathtub!' I said. "Aww, Mama," he said. "Do I have to? Mud makes me happy!"

13 comments:

  1. *LOL* Mud does seem to have that effect on kids. My son jumped into a huge puddle the other night after the rain. Mud up to his mid-calf. Of course, with the jumping, the mud splashed up to his head! I did take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I can just imagine what those pictures look like!

      Delete
  2. LOL mud makes him happy, well I guess to each their own..haha...although people do bath in it at those spas so it must be good for ones complextion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes they do! And my kids seem to be especially attracted to it!

      Delete
  4. So cute. Doesn't mud make us all happy?

    ScribblesFromJenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again! Just wanted to let you know that there's an award for you at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I was a little girl, having fun making mud pies. : )

    I think most kids like having mud fun once in awhile.

    "Mud makes me happy!" Now that is a cute quote! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mud makes just about every kid happy.

      Delete
  7. He's got a point...mud has potential...and it makes me happy too...when I don't have to clean it up, that is:) Happy Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete