Mama Diaries

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Broken Treasure

My son came running into the house quite distraught. "Mama, my favorite dish is broken!" "What?" I said. I looked at a fragment he held in his hand. It was split in two. "But that's not even a whole dish. Where did you get it?" "I dug it out of the creek," he said. "It's the very first thing I ever found there. It's my special treasure. Can you glue it?" I took the dish piece from him and examined it. "All right. Let me get some super glue." I super glued that thing together so that it was as good as new. (Sort of.) "There you go, big guy," I said, handing him the dish. You should have seen him grinning from ear to ear. Mama saved the day!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry about all these block paragraphs in these last posts. It's a Blogger problem. (Imagine that!) Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Blogger has been giving me weird glitches too. Maybe they need some super glue to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... Kids! They're absolutely adorable and awesome. I can just imagine how delighted he was that his special treasure was save by his mama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they invented super glue. It's saved the day many times!

      Delete
  4. How little things can bring about such delight, if only more adults thought as such. Yeah blogger is being a pain to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what happens between childhood and adulthood that changes things. Hmmm. Could it be work?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was sweet. I couldn't believe how attached he was to that thing!

      Delete
  6. I like this violin lessons and hope this topic will help newbie. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama saved the day!

    Yay! : )

    ReplyDelete