Mama Diaries

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Belly Flopping in the Mud

My kids were playing outside yesterday while I was teaching piano lessons.  I figured they couldn't get in too much trouble out in the woods.  Boy, was I wrong. 

"Mama," my daughter said as she stood in the front hall after coming inside.

"Don't interrupt," I said, not looking up.

"Mama, look," she insisted.

I looked.  That girl was covered from head to toe in mud.  "What the heck did you do?' I asked, hardly believing what I saw.

"I took a belly flop in the creek."

"What in the world possessed you to do that?"

"It's eighty degrees outside, and it looked like something fun to do."

Two seconds later, my son came in.  And yes, he too was covered in mud.

"Belly flop in the mud?' I asked.

He nodded.

"All right, kids.  You need to hose yourselves off before you track that filth into the house."

So they got out the hose and de-mudified themselves.  (Of course that involved a lot of chaos and mayhem.)

I swear, sometimes I think my kids are worse than the dog!

12 comments:

  1. eighty degree weather + mud = FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They seemed to think so, because they did it again the next day!

      Delete
  3. *LOL* It kind of does sound like a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha with all this crummy snow about, I'd almost take the 80 degree weather and flop in the mud too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you swing down to Cincinnati, and do a little mud flopping with my kids?

      Delete
  5. Kids can do crazy things because they are kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete