Mama Diaries

Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Miss Lucky

My daughter and I walked into the grocery store today.  In the lobby, was one of those machines with a bunch of stuffed animals inside.  You put in some money, operated the claw, and snag a toy.  Or something like that.  My daughter saw this thing and immediately wanted to give it a try. 

"Mama, I have money," she said.  "Can I try....please?"

"That's a total waste.  You'll never get a toy."

"I get a toy almost everytime.  Remember, I got one at the skating rink?"

Oh yeah, she did.  And then a little kid promptly yanked it out of the machine and took it from her.

"Okay.  It's your money.  Do what you want with it."

She put fifty cents in the slot.  She operated the hook.  She lowered it over a cute little red mouse with a heart on its foot.  The hook grabbed it. 

"It's going to drop it," I said, not convinced that she'd actually get the thing.

"No it's not."

And do you know what?  She was right.  It dropped into the slot, where she reached in and got it out. Now she is now the proud owner of a red fluffy mouse.

Lucky girl!

   

4 comments:

  1. Hehehe! Lucky girl! I have a certain luck with those claw machines too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I never could get anything. I don't even try because I start and can't stop. I get determined I am going to get one and never do. My brother-in-law can get one every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story. I never let my kids play those games. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son plays those things from time to time. He usually wins.

    ReplyDelete