Mama Diaries

Friday, December 2, 2011

Helpful Kitty

I was stringing up more Christmas lights outside when my cat decided to get in on the action.  As I untangled a strand of Martha Stewart snowflake lights, the little kitty pounced - right on top of the lights. 

"Hey, what are you doing, Bootsy?"

"Meow."

"Really?  Well, you just busted one of the snowflakes."

"Meow."

Obviously, the cat didn't care.  The lights just looked like a funny kind of string.

"Well, are you going to make yourself useful, or are you going to be in my way?"

"Meow."

"Is that all you know how to say?"

"Meow."  The cat sat down and watched me work.

I did a little experimenting with the lights.  After I set them up one way, I stood back and took a look.  "What do you think, Bootsy?"

Bootsy scratched the dirt and didn't say anything.

"Hmm.  Not so good?  Okay.  Let me try this."  I rearranged the lights.  "Now what do you think?"

"Meow."  He liked it. 

It's so nice to have a second opinion, even if it's from a cat.

2 comments:

  1. That's cute. I tried to wrap some presents last night with my cat in the room. Ha! He got ahold of the curling ribbon and nearly curled it with his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats are talented aren't they?

    -Sherry

    ReplyDelete