Mama Diaries

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Doggy Spa

It was time to spruce the big old German Shepherd up for the holidays.  The animal was just so revolting that something had to be done.  So we signed him up for the doggy spa.  He was to get a shampoo and haircut, a manicure and pedicure, and an ear cleaning job.

I hooked him to his leash, led him to the car, and threw his furry body inside.  Of course, he had muddy paws.  Those muddy prints covered my back seat in about two seconds flat.  I entered the front seat and started the car.

Then I sniffed the air.  "Dog, you stink!  You smell like dirty socks!  And now you're stinking up my car!"

He made a whiney sound.

"Don't worry, big guy.  We'll get you fixed up."

When we arrived at the spa, Schultz was very excited.  I handed him over to the worker, and he promptly dragged her to the back room.

"Have fun with him," I called, knowing they were in for a real treat.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I had to completely disinfect my car.  I vacuumed it, steam cleaned it, and got all the nose prints off the windows. It seemed that no sooner had I done that, I got a phone call from the grooming place.  "We're done with Schultz."

Yeah, I bet they were done.

I picked him up.  "He's a wild man," they said.  "It took a few of us to hold him down to do his nails."

I nodded.  "Uh huh.  No surprise there.  But he usually likes baths."

"Yeah," the worker said. "He did a lot of jumping around, though."

I thanked the workers and led the beast to the front doors.  "Sit," I commanded.  He sat.

"Wow!" the worker said.  "I didn't know he could do that."

"Yeah.  He's a son of a gun, isn't he?"

The worker laughed.

Well, at least he's clean, and he has a cute red bandana around his neck for Christmas.  Let's see how long that lasts!

   

2 comments:

  1. Doggy spa! Ha, I love it. So nice to have a clean, dog, eh? Yeah, that's why I don't own dogs; I wouldn't want to put one in my car! Enjoy the cleanness while it lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't last long. In fact, this evening, we had to give him another bath!

    -Sherry

    ReplyDelete