Mama Diaries

Friday, November 4, 2011

Teaching the Dog to Dance

My ten-year-old daughter likes to dance.  A lot. In fact she likes it so much, that she decided to teach our 100 pound German Shepherd some dance moves.

I found her in the kitchen with the hairy beast.  "Okay," she said. "Here's how you do a passe."  She demonstrated the move. 

The beast cocked his head.

"Your turn."

The beast drooled. He wanted a treat.  He moved his big paws. It didn't look like a passe to me, but apparently my daughter thought it was good enough.

"Good boy, Schultz!  Here's a treat!"

He gobbled it up.

Next move was a tandeux. Don't ask me to explain it.  The dog didn't get it either.

On to the last move which was a pirouette.    I don't know how she did it, but my daughter got our dog to stand on his hind legs and spin in a circle.  Sort of.  It was more like jumping in a circle.  Regardless, it was an impressive move.

I think I'll go buy the dog a tutu. He has a future as a ballerina. Or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment