Mama Diaries

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hillbilly Light Job

I'm the one who does all the decorating for the holidays - inside and out. 

Today my husband saw me up on the ladder stringing up lights on our house.  "Woman, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"A hillybilly light job."  He pointed to the yarn I used to secure the spiraling lights around the porch columns.  Then he pointed to the blue painter's tape that secured the lights around the door.  "What's all this string and tape here?  Don't you know you can go to Lowes and pick up some hooks?"

"Do you really want me putting hooks in all the pillars?"

"I don't care."

Yeah, right.

Then he looked at the string of lights that I had used as garland across the top of our porch.  "Aren't those supposed to be icicles?"

"Yeah.  But I'm thinking outside of the box.  It's going to be pretty blue garland."

He shook his head.  "Hillybilly woman."

Fast forward to this evening.  Every student who walked into my house commented on how pretty the lights looked.  I even noticed extra cars driving down the street to our cul-de-sac just to see them. 

So there.  I don't care what anybody says.  This hillybilly does a gosh darn good job of stringin' lights!   

3 comments: