Mama Diaries

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sugar Water

My nine-year-old daughter was rummaging through the refrigerator, trying to find something to drink.  She stumbled upon a Gatorade container with liquid inside.

Now, this Gatorade container was supposed to have an orange beverage inside.  The label was clearly marked. 

My daughter didn't seem to notice that little detail.

She poured herself a glass  and guzzled it down.

I saw her when she was putting the container back.

"Did you just drink that?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"It's not Gatorade."

"It's not?"

"No.  It's hummingbird water.  See, it says 'hummingbird water.'"

She turned a pale shade of grey.  "Am I going to die?"

"No, but you might have a little buzz.  That stuff was sugar water."

"No wonder it tasted good.  I'm going to have more!"

Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment