Mama Diaries

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Working Man

"Mama, I want to wear a tuxedo today," my six-year-old son announced.

"A tuxedo?" I asked.  "You don't even own a tuxedo."

"Yes I do."  He ran over to his closet and pointed to his suit.

"That's a suit.  Why do you want to wear that?"

"It's a work day.  I have to go to work."

"Dude, it's Sunday."

"My company is open every day except Saturday."

"What company is that?" I asked.

"Spy Company Incorporated."

I let the boy dress in a suit.  He did a pretty good job, except that the buttons weren't quite lined up correctly on his dress shirt, and his tie was a little crooked.

"Let's work on your summer homework packet," I suggested after he was all dressed.

So he sat at the table doing his homework wearing his suit.

He looked very responsible.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment