Mama Diaries

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Movie Bust

It was free movie day at the theater today.  That was all fine and exciting...until we got into the theater.

The kids and I made our way to the top of the crowded theater and managed to find the last three consecutive chairs in a row.  We sat down and began munching on popcorn.  We munched, and munched, and munched.

Oddly, the show had not begun.  It was now twenty minutes past time.  The natives were getting restless.

"Why isn't the movie starting?" my daughter asked.

"I don't know," I said.  "This is most perplexing."

"I think it's a trick," my daughter said.  "They lured us in here so we would buy popcorn."

"I think you're right. We're just going to sit here in semi-darkness for two hours munching away."

That's pretty much what happened.  There was a problem with the projector.  After about forty minutes of waiting, the kids and I got up to leave.  Of course, the lights darkened just as we were about to exit. 

"Okay, let's try this again,"  I said.  We marched back up the steps to our seats.

We sat in the dark for seven more minutes.

"Let's go!" my daughter said.

We were about to go, when a movie started on the screen.  It wasn't the movie we were there to see.  It was Megamind.  "Okay," I said.  "Megamind is fine.  We can watch this."

Well, unfortunately the sound wasn't working.  We watched fifteen minutes of silent Megamind and decided enough was enough. We exited thinking what a wonderful adventure the whole thing was.

At least it was free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment