Mama Diaries

Friday, May 13, 2011

Saving Worms

I"m sure you've seen sidewalks after a good rain.  They're wet and usually covered with worms.  Today was one of those days.  My son and I went outside after the sun started drying things up. 

"Mom, look at these poor worms.  They're going to die!"

"Maybe they'll crawl back into the dirt," I said.

"No they won't.  They'll dry out.  We have to save them!"

We stooped down and began saving those slimy things.  We tossed them into the grass and watched them squirm down through the wet blades into the dirt.

I never thought I'd be saving worms, but I'm glad we did.  It was a nice thing to do for a creature who was in need of some assistance. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the worms that were saved were very thankful. What a sweet, caring son you have.

    ReplyDelete