Mama Diaries

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wrestling the Dog

This is part two of yesterday's madness with the dog.  A quick recap:  Our seven-month-old German Shepherd puppy (if you want to call him that) had a toe nail trim that didn't go so well.  The result was a bloody mess that just wouldn't stop.  After two hours of bleeding, my husband and I decided we needed to try to do something else for the varmit.

And so began Operation Bandage Puppy.  We hauled the bloody beast outside and washed him off.  Then it was time to hold him down to wrap his foot.  I had the job of holding him.  I am a rather petite person, so that was a very good trick.  Of course the weather didn't cooperate.  There I was, in the pouring rain, at night,  wrestling a very strong eighty pound hairy, bloody beast.  Let's just say, it wasn't my idea of fun!

Fortunately, the operation was a success.  The bleeding stopped. He'll still have to see the vet tomorrow, but at least he'll be okay.  As for my husband and me, I think we have been completely truamatized by the experience.  And my arms are still aching!

No comments:

Post a Comment