Mama Diaries

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mud

Now that the bloody dog drama is over, I can concentrate on other things - like mud.

"Mom, can I go outside and play?' my six-year-old son asked. 

"Yes, but stay away from the creek," I replied.  "It's a muddy mess from all of the rain."

A few minutes later, my daughter asked if she could go out.  I gave her the same instructions.  I watched my kids for a while to make sure they were listening.  They seemed to be doing a good job, so I went about my business cleaning up dog hair. 

Thirty minutes later my kids came back in the house.  They were filthy!  Obviously they had gotten into some mud.

I looked at my son.  He was soaked. 

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I fell into the creek."

"I thought I told you to stay away from the creek," I replied completely exasperated.

"Yeah, but we were playing a spy game, and it was muddy, and I slipped."

As my kids went to their rooms, I looked  at the floor.  I now have muddy kid footprints and doggy prints streaked across my beautiful hardwood floor.  Sometimes I wonder why I even bother cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment