Mama Diaries

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Craziness at the Haircutter's

My daughter was in serious need of a haircut.  Because of my teaching schedule, it is very difficult to find time to get the job done.  Tonight we finally got around to it.  When we got to the shop, it was  late, so my little guy was a bit over tired.  You know how over tired kids get: silly!   Well, he was in super silly mode.  He absolutely could not sit in his chair.  On top of that, it was a forty minute wait for the haircut.  I decided  we simply could not stay in the shop for forty minutes.  We killed some time at a  nearby store .  My son was rather hyper, so when the sales clerk gave me one of those, "When are you going to get out of here, lady?' looks, I decided we should exit. 

As soon as we got into the haircut place, he got on his belly and started slithering like a snake. The other customers looked at me kind of funny.

"Please sit in the chair and try to behave," I said.

He sat under the chair.  (At least he was sitting.)  Then he started crawling around under all of the chairs. 

"What are you doing?' I asked.

"Exploring a cave system," he responded.

"What are you finding?"

"Cave spiders."

I looked under the chair.  Yes, there was a dead spider.

One of the customers gave me one of those, "You have your hands full" looks.

Twenty minutes later the haircut was done and I dragged my crazy little boy out of there - with an orange helium balloon that didn't have a string.  I'm still trying to figure out where that went.     

No comments:

Post a Comment