Mama Diaries

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Search for the Missing Belt

It was a typical morning. The kids and I were rushing around trying to get ready to go to school.

"Mom, what did you do with my belt?" my daughter called.

"I didn't do anything with it," I said.

"Yes you did. It's not on the bathroom floor where it belongs."

"Um, here's a news alert. Your belt doesn't belong on the bathroom floor. It belongs in your drawer. Why don't you check there," I replied.

Two seconds later: "It's not in my drawer."

I went into her room. It looked like a tornado went through it. "Why don't you try cleaning your room. I bet you'll find it."

"Why should I bother, it's going to get all messy again," was her response.

I just shook my head.

After I had taken the kids to the bus stop, I went back into the disaster area. I started cleaning. Guess what I found? One belt was under a pile of books she had on the floor, and the other was in her rocking chair under a pile of stuffed animals.

It's amazing what you can find when you clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment