Mama Diaries

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mommy the Carpenter

I didn't know that I needed carpentry skills to be a mom. I found out today, that being a carpenter is part of the job. My son got a "kid" carpenter set. It came with a saw, hammer, screwdriver, and a bunch of "wood" pieces. (The wood was actually more like foam.)

Included in the kit was an instruction book for creating things like helicopters, ships, and army tanks. The instructions were pretty vague. There were no measurements.

"Mommy, will you make the tank?"

I looked at the directions. "Hmmm, this is a better job for Grandpa."

"Please?"

"Oh, all right."

I set to work with the saw, cutting the wood into various shapes. Then I got out the nails and the hammer. I pounded it all together. Somehow I made that thing look like a tank.

"Mommy, good job!" my son said. "Now can you make the ship?"

(I thought this was supposed to be his project!)

No comments:

Post a Comment