Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pet Coon

Apparently I have a new pet. This one is a pet raccoon.

You may recall that a couple of days ago, we were visited by a very bold raccoon who seemed to want to come inside and make himself at home. This morning the coon came back. It was about seven o'clock in the morning, and still dark outside. Bootsie the cat was at the door begging for breakfast. I put out the cat food and water and then went to make my kid's breakfast.

I glanced out and saw Bootsie happily munching on his kibbles. After I set the table, I looked out again. It was still dark, but the tail I saw against our sliding door was a lot thicker and had rings on it. Hmm, I thought. Could it be our bandit friend?

I turned on the light. Yep. It was the coon. He had eaten the rest of Bootsie's food and was pawing at the window, begging for more.

What am I going to do with that thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment