Mama Diaries

Monday, September 13, 2010

Turtle Birthday or Bust

The big old turtle cloud was hanging over my six-year-old son's head today.

"Mom, I want to go to a turtle petting farm!" he exclaimed.

"I don't think they have such a thing," I replied, thinking that turtles carry all kinds of terrible germs. Why would a place allow anybody to pet turtles?

"Look it up online," the little guy replied.

I sighed. "All right," I said. I was sure that my search would be short and sweet. Boy was I wrong!

There are turtle petting farms all over the country. The one in Grand Caymen looked pretty good to my turtle lover.

"I want to have my next birthday there," he said. "Okay?"

"I'll keep that in mind," I replied.

"If I can't have my birthday there, then I don't want a birthday!"

Well! I'm going to have to remember that! (It might be an inexpensive birthday next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment