Mama Diaries

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mechanical Genious

If you have been following this blog, you know that my son had received a 1, 137 piece LEGO Starwars AT-AT set. I have been diligently working on this thing for over a week now. As of today's date, I have assembled the internal workings of the main body and three legs. That would be two instruction books.

Today, I was getting rather bleary-eyed and having trouble locating pieces and parts. My six-year old son assisted me many times in finding those miniscule things. At one point, I had attached one of the legs to the main body.

"Mommy, that's backwards," the little man told me.

"No it's not," I replied, as I double-checked the picture.

It seemed to work, and it looked okay to me. Then I went to the next direction.

"Something's not right, " I said.

"That's because it's backwards, " my little guy said. "Here, mommy, I'll fix it."

Wouldn't you know that little mechanical genious figured it out!

2 comments:

  1. So what's it going to be when it's all put together? (I have no idea what a Star Wars AT- AT whatever is!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Star Wars AT-AT is a huge transport vehicle that the clones used in fighting the droids. (I'm sure that all makes a lot of sense to you!). It will resemble a tank with four long legs, and if I manage to do it correctly, it will actually walk (batteries not included).

    ReplyDelete