Mama Diaries

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In Disguise

Blue bottle pop candy leaves stains on one's lips, teeth, and tongue. Make a mental note of that.

My son had one of those things just before we had to leave the house to run some errands. His teeth, lips, and tongue were a bright shade of blue when he was finished. I grabbed a wet paper towel and tried to clean him off. It didn't work as well as I had hoped.

"Okay," I said. "Wear these sunglasses, and maybe nobody will recognize you."

He was pleased to comply.

First stop was the bank. We pulled in the drive- through, hoping nobody would pay that much attention to us. "Hi Sherry," the teller said as soon as she saw me. "Does your son have blue lips?"

Ugh!!

"Yes," I replied, "he was eating a bottle pop candy."

"Oh," said the nice teller. "Then I'll give him a blue lollipop so it'll match."

How thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment