Mama Diaries

Friday, July 23, 2010

Clueless

My kids and I played a game of Clue today (the board game where you try to guess who did the crime, with what, and in which room). My almost-six-year-old son didn't quite understand, but he played along anyway.

At the end of the game, my daughter and I both thought we had it all figured out. It was a race to get to the room that we thought was the scene of the crime.

My daughter got there ahead of me. She made a suggestion as to what the details of the crime were. I didn't have anything to dispute it. My son claimed he didn't have anything to dispute it. So my daughter made the accusation and looked in the envelope to see if she was correct. Her face fell as she looked at the cards. She had the person right, the room right, but the weapon was incorrect. "It's a rope," she said.

My son grinned. "I have the knife!"

That boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment