Mama Diaries

Monday, June 7, 2010

Kitchen Competition

This seems to be a continuation of yesterday's story. My son once again informed me that he wanted to make me a snack. "Here we go again," I thought.

Today, however, there was a new twist: My daughter wanted to get in on the action. It was going to be a contest to see who could make the best snack. Out came the lettuce, and the fruit, and the cheese, and the chocolate chips, and the yogurt. Oh yes, and the caramel corn.

By the time they were done I had ten culinary masterpieces: American cheese with a chocolate chip smiley face, assorted fruit with nuts and yogurt, whipped cream with chocolate syrup and marshmallows, among other things. I think the most creative concoction was a slice of bread with nutella, bananas, chocolate chips, and caramel corn.

"Eat up, Mommy!" they said when they were finished.

"Do I have to?" I asked looking at the sickeningly sweet entres.

"Yep!"

"Okay. Mmm. Delightful, delectable, delicious." I lied.

My poor stomach was so sick after that. At least their creations looked good.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a "traditional" childhood summertime activity -- the Bad Drink Contest! My siblings would all go to the kitchen and mix up disgusting drinks from whatever they could find and I had to judge which was the worst! They were all so awful I never tasted them but just went by the nauseating smells!

    ReplyDelete