Mama Diaries

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cookie Monsters

My kids love cookies. Come to think of it, I think most kids love cookies. Today was cookie baking day. These cookies were supposed to be for the reception after the piano recital this Saturday. They just smelled so good though, that my kids couldn't resist.

"Mommy, can we have a cookie," they asked.

"Okay, just one."

"Mmmm! Those are yummy," they exclaimed.

"Good," I said. "Now leave them alone. Those are for Saturday."

I left them on the counter to finish cooling.

Then my husband came home. He found the cookies, and before I could stop him, he ate half of the plate (this is the guy who ate 120 chocolate chip cookies I had made and put in the freezer for the holidays. Nothing was left in the container except a little note that said "num, num, num.")

"Those were for the recital," I told him.

In his best cookie monster voice he replied, "Me love cookies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment