Mama Diaries

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dust Bunnies

My son and I went to the bank this morning. It was one of those visits where we had to sit at a big desk and fill out paperwork. The meeting took a little longer than expected because of a slow computer system (why does that always happen at banks?). Anyway, my five-year-old son started getting antsey.

He decided it would be a good idea to crawl under the big desk. So that's what he did.

"It sure is dirty under here," he remarked.

"Uh-huh," I mumbled as I looked over some paperwork. "I think you had better get out of there."

"Look, a staple," he exclaimed.

"You can throw that in the garbage," said the man behind the desk.

"Look, a water bottle," he said as he rolled out his treasure.

"That's about a year old," replied the man behind the desk. "Do you want it?"

Of course he did. Mental note: Wash that bottle!

"Here's some candy," he exclaimed as he pulled out a lifesaver.

"Don't eat it!" I implored. I was sure that was at least a year old too.

"Look! Dust Bunnies!" he exclaimed.

I looked up from the paperwork to see him covered with "dust bunnies."

Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment