Mama Diaries

Monday, April 5, 2010

Night Creatures

Last night gave me a sense of deja vu. I felt like I was reliving the nights I spent when my kids were babies. I was kept awake all night by the sound of screeching and wailing. But it wasn't my kids. The night creatures were out. I had my window open because it was warm last night. Usually I can deal with the sound of deer walking around outside knocking things over. I can even deal with the cat fights. What was going on last night was something I hadn't heard before. I'm still not sure what it was, but whatever it was, it was not happy! I'm thinking it was an owl fight (do owls fight?).

The sounds even awakened my kids. They were pretty grouchy today from the interrupted sleep. Maybe now they will understand why I was such a grouch during those early years!

No comments:

Post a Comment