Mama Diaries

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Model Madness

My five-year-old son has this thing for model airplanes, model ships, and model army tanks: Not the kind that are already put together, but the kind that require the gluing of miniscule parts. We have about five partially finished models that have been sitting around for a while. I've just lost patience with them. Legos are all I want to deal with these days.

So Grandpa came over today. Grandpa is a good guy.
"Grandpa, can you put together my Centaur Tank?" my son begged.
"Sure!" said Grandpa without thinking twice. "Where's the glue?"

We didn't have that stinky model glue. We had super glue. Poor Grandpa! He spent nearly four hours working on that thing, dropping tiny parts, crawling on the floor looking for them, and getting super glue all over his fingers and face. I told Grandpa he didn't have to do that, but he was determined to make his grandson happy.

My little guy was thrilled when that thing was finished! And all of us learned that fine sandpaper was very useful for getting super glue off skin.

Way to go Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment